Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr-vs coolent temp sensor price difference!

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
well i priced a VR coolant temperature sensor for the ECU from Holden and was quoted $18 thought wow thats pretty cheap (compared to other places) then i priced a VS one and nearly died!! $109....i always through they were teh same but going buy the gregories (vr and VS) they have different resistant at different temperatures. But still i dont get why there is such a jump in price for something that does the same dam thing and is the same dam size.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
well i priced a VR coolant temperature sensor for the ECU from Holden and was quoted $18 thought wow thats pretty cheap (compared to other places) then i priced a VS one and nearly died!! $109....i always through they were teh same but going buy the gregories (vr and VS) they have different resistant at different temperatures. But still i dont get why there is such a jump in price for something that does the same dam thing and is the same dam size.

You could buy them for $28 till late last year. I priced one, and went to buy it two weeks later and they wanted $109. I managed to find a genuine one at an auto electricians for $30 - See how you go

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol its bull crap ay....oh well i have found one for 25 (Triton one i think) way better then spending 109 for one from Holden:p

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
where, i want a cheap sensor :D ive been wanting to replace it for a while but holden want $112 which is bullshite

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
im getting mine from a privately owned local parts store he sells Triton ones for 25 VR and VS ones (so i have NFI why Holden cant sell them for the same price ...like vr and vs ones)

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
with holden they price parts depending on quantity they have in stock... the more the cheaper it is.... i once got a throttle body sensor from holden for $15 last time i needed one a year later they were $90... luckily i found the spare i bought when they were $15...

ive gotten a few parts cheaper from holden then to buy an after market brand....