Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Fan resistor

S

Snapsy

Hey, ive just isolated my blower fan problem (the blower fan does not turn off, even if the car is turned off) ive found the problem to be with the fan resistor.

I just need some help on locating it and replacing the broken resistor.

I've heard that it is located between the windscreen wipers? but i cant seem to find anything that remotely looks like it would house a resistor.

thanks for you help in advanced.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
it is under the plastic mould so u have to take the wiper arms off and pull the plastic off

B3NKobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Snapsy said:
Hey, ive just isolated my blower fan problem (the blower fan does not turn off, even if the car is turned off) ive found the problem to be with the fan resistor.

I just need some help on locating it and replacing the broken resistor.

I've heard that it is located between the windscreen wipers? but i cant seem to find anything that remotely looks like it would house a resistor.

thanks for you help in advanced.
this happend to my calais about 8 months ago, worst thing to happen when your on a commy cruise and its 3am!! and yeah its hidden under some plastic like boona15 said,

T

thug-vr

hey are you guys talking about the fan speed isolater resistor?? cause my fan only goes on 3 & 4 is this the same problem? plz help

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Yes it is!!!!!!

T

thug-vr

thanks ssute any1 know how much 4 a new 1. and some pics of what it looks
like would be good.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thug-vr said:
thanks ssute any1 know how much 4 a new 1. and some pics of what it looks
like would be good.
My local dealer quoted me $55 for a new one.
I dont have a picture but if you remove both wipers and then the plastic cover you will see a small square cover with 2 screws in it just to the passengers side of centre. If you remove that cover you will see a wireing plug. Take that off and undo the 2 screws you will see. Then you can remove the resistor.
When i removed mine i found that one of the small wires in there had broken. I cut open the mesh box and soldered another wire into it. It isnt the proper solution but it works.

T

thug-vr

ok man sounds easy, i'll get a new 1 at the end of the week and change it thanx every1

S

Snapsy

Thanks very much guys! its fixed the problem. i spend alot of time bumbling around looking around the engine and the dash but ive FINALLY located it. thanks again