Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS Wagon for me!

S

seivad

G'day guys

how you all doin? I'm in the market for a VR-VS wagon to semi pimp to cart my drums around to gigs. I had the chance to buy a beautiful looking VR but didnt get finance in time, so its my mission to create my own version of that car.

So if any of you guys see some wagons under $6000 in melb, can you let me know on [email protected] .I'm searching up my end of Vic (ararat) but its a tad hard looking for cars from here.

My goal consists of:
VR-VS Wagon in any colour other than white.
VYSS 17-18" rims (you know the ones that kinda curve out a bit)
Tail Lights (havent really investigated thoroughly yet)
Pioneer headunit with iPOD adaptor (not leaning towards any brand, just know that pioneer does offer an adaptor for 4G ipod connection)
lower it to look nice with the new rims

Hope someone can help out with finding me a wagon. cheers guys

peninsulabands

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SS 6.0 TUR(i)SMO
My goal consists of:
VR-VS Wagon in any colour other than white.
VYSS 17-18" rims (you know the ones that kinda curve out a bit)
Tail Lights (havent really investigated thoroughly yet)
Pioneer headunit with iPOD adaptor (not leaning towards any brand, just know that pioneer does offer an adaptor for 4G ipod connection)
lower it to look nice with the new rims

Hope someone can help out with finding me a wagon. cheers guys[/QUOTE]

are you looking at buying a car with all of that stuff already in it? for under $6000? not a chance i dont think.

i got my vr wagon for $6499 with 141,000 k's, without any mods.

but just so you know, my Pioneer headunit has the ipod adapter on the front if thats what your looking for? the model number is DEH-P6850MP. in autobarn it costs about $629 but in jb hi-fi its only about $429 so id go there. (or $489 with extended warranty)

but you can buy an ipod adapter that plugs into the back of most of the new pioneer range that lets you control the ipod from the headunit which costs bout $110 from jb (also costs more from autobarn)

let me know if you want anything else.

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
check out streetwagons.com

look in the for sale section, keep an eye out for VR-VS popping up in there.

S

seivad

thanks guys,

I've been searching the private sales on carsales.com.au, found a few that interest me, i just need something that is going to be good value and not need too many repairs etc.... robust i guess you could say.

Thanks for the iPod info, i think i might get just a cheapo pioneer headunit that will support the adaptor, i dont use cd's so theres no point going too elaborate, i think i would be better spending the cash on speakers, see how many i can get in a 3-4 yr period haha. cheers boys, ur all good value, thanks! mick