Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS washer bottle float

S35LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden commodore spac 5lt
Hi everyone I am in the process of restoring/repairing leaking vs commodore washer bottle and am wondering if then float is really needed as I believe mine is broken and possibly missing part of it…

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Edit: misunderstood the post

Last edited:

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Are you referring to the light blue foam collar that sits in the stem? If so, then no you don’t, but it means you’ll lose the ability to see roughly where the level is. I modified mine to a polished alloy set up without the indicator floats and just keep it topped up.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The float assembly is easily removed and truthfully is a waste of time as it only measures the water in the upright tube, once the level falls below the bottom of the tube you can't see it anyway, so it's a waste of time.

S35LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you referring to the light blue foam collar that sits in the stem? If so, then no you don’t, but it means you’ll lose the ability to see roughly where the level is. I modified mine to a polished alloy set up without the indicator floats and just keep it topped up.
Thanks for your reply mate, I thought it might been what is was for. I just wanted to double check. Cheers mate

S35LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
The float assembly is easily removed and truthfully is a waste of time as it only measures the water in the upright tube, once the level falls below the bottom of the tube you can't see it anyway, so it's a waste of time.
Thanks for that information mate, was just conceded if I took it out that it was part of a sensor that was linked to the dash that could possibly indicate a low fluid light like a couple of other cars I’ve owned before. But was pretty confident this wouldn’t be the case with this car but wanted to confirm just in case.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I modified mine to a polished alloy set up without the indicator floats and just keep it topped up.

I would love to see a pic or 2 of this.