Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr

B

bundy

does anyone have a solution for the interior fabric of the roof falling in? it is getting worse and very annoying please help

A

andrewro

Just a thought and I think I have heard of this working, you get some craft glue that comes in the spray cans I think craft supplies / stationary stores stock it put the tube that you get with a WD40 can onto it and through a small hole in the lining you can spray and press it up. This probably works in small areas best. I fyour whole lining is dropping I would take time and remove the whole thing and I mean the pressed / formed carboard that it glues to and then spray the board once with glue to seal it and then again to press the fabric back on to it, let it dry and then replace it..

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
yes this has happened to me
go to bunnings and look in the craft section
for a product call "3M 90 High Strenght Adhesive" it comes
in a black can, cost between $30-$40, depending on how bad your roof lining has fallen you may need 2 cans, and matching the holes for the interior light and jesus bars can be difficult

anyway see how you go...

B

bundy

QUOTE (MuNtEd @ Apr 10 2004, 09:10 AM) yes this has happened to me
go to bunnings and look in the craft section
for a product call "3M 90 High Strenght Adhesive" it comes
in a black can, cost between $30-$40, depending on how bad your roof lining has fallen you may need 2 cans, and matching the holes for the interior light and jesus bars can be difficult

anyway see how you go...
thanks for your help guys c how i go

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Forget stuffing around .....ring around to a few trimmers and find out their prices and maybe put one against the other pricewise to get a good deal.
Take the lining out yourself its just screws and clipsa nd held in by velcro in some places ..save yourself 50 bucks and take it to them ...they will take the old **** of and put a new lining which is self adhesive over the cardboard and it wont come off again and you and your trim won't get covered in glue and its done properly for a reasonable price ..just be careful get someone to help you support it taking it out but its not rocket science.
I have done both our cars...piece of piss
Will cost about 80-100 to get a trimmer to put the new one on.
If you don't fix soon it you will eventually put a few dints in the roof when it pisses you off and you hit it with your fist when it rubs on your head while you're driving.