Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VRII 5.0L Manual Exec.

DK101

Next Burnout Grand Master
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'93 VR SS - 304 T5, '95 Exec - 355 T5

Hey all...

I recently bought this rather clean and stock looking 1995 VR Series II 5.0L Manual Executive...
It's fitted with a set of Pacemaker Tri-Y's and a 2.5" system with high-flow cat. It has FE2 suspension with a strut brace up front. Reco 5spd and LSD. I dont know much more about it yet, as I'm still exploring it myself...

Any Ideas or criticism is welcomed, and if you know this car, please hit me up straight away. I need to know more about it...

DSCF9328.jpg

DSCF9327.jpg

DSCF9326.jpg

DSCF9325.jpg

IHVP1.jpg

Last edited:

97VSS2

CRABWALKIN CALAIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais 5L
its called a strut brace...it stops the shock towers from flexing under load.....

and very nice vs you have there, and manual......cheering

Very nice and tidy :)

Whats that bar that does across the engine bay.

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Cheers fellas I'm pretty happy with her, she rolls along the street nice and quietly like a good little lady, but when I wanna play she can really perform. Was testin her out on the clay skidpan out the back this arvo and I'm quite impressed. Pulls great heli's and I reckon I found the base for my next burnout car, but the original idea when I found this was to build a street-driven Winton Weekend Warrior, but I guess what direction she takes in enirely up to her... See what blows first and plan it from there... Hehehe

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Thanks.

Theres a few things I need to fix on her but I'm just gonna plod at it and hope all goes well...
First on the list is the interior mirror. Previous owner reckons the missus was shittin him and punched out the mirror and windscreen.
Windscreen is brand new and I dont have anything from the old mirror.
I have noticed that Calais/Stato/HSV items screw into the front of the roof lining, but the one in the VR is mounted on the glass...

Can I just get hold of a Stato (Or even a newer model) mirror and screw it in?

I've been told the original holes and mounts are there, just need to punch a hole in the liner, which is in perfect condition, so I dont wanna go messing with it.
I'm going to eventually be doing the full illumination upgrade and some other custom trick bits in the interior, but I'm really still putting ideas together.
Thinking that the roof-mounted mirror would get in the way of the VZ roof lights I wanna fit there...

Might as well go with the standard glass-mounted item, the main idea behind mounting one on the roof, is never having to worry about re-fitting it again next time a windscreen goes.
Never know when ya may wanna line up a stray roo...

Last edited:

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Pics removed. Dirty Bitch album is HERE...

Last edited:

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
It's okay boys... I washed her proper... So clean I had to wipe the fingerprints off that I left when I touched the roof... Unfortunately it was dark by the time I finished my "chamois run", so no decent pics.

Last edited:

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Thanks.

Theres a few things I need to fix on her but I'm just gonna plod at it and hope all goes well...
First on the list is the interior mirror. Previous owner reckons the missus was shittin him and punched out the mirror and windscreen.
Windscreen is brand new and I dont have anything from the old mirror.
I have noticed that Calais/Stato/HSV items screw into the front of the roof lining, but the one in the VR is mounted on the glass...

Can I just get hold of a Stato (Or even a newer model) mirror and screw it in?

I've been told the original holes and mounts are there, just need to punch a hole in the liner, which is in perfect condition, so I dont wanna go messing with it.
I'm going to eventually be doing the full illumination upgrade and some other custom trick bits in the interior, but I'm really still putting ideas together.
Thinking that the roof-mounted mirror would get in the way of the VZ roof lights I wanna fit there...

Might as well go with the standard glass-mounted item, the main idea behind mounting one on the roof, is never having to worry about re-fitting it again next time a windscreen goes.
Never know when ya may wanna line up a stray roo...

Concerning the interior mirror, it is different through the VR's, my friend 93' VR has a roof mounted one, whilst my 95' VR has a window one. I believe it depends on the age of the car, as these are both Executives. Yours being the same as mine a series II will come with that windows mirror. I don't think however, the 95 models have the little groove for the mirror (cbf checking mine). But you could probably screw it in.