Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim II

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
is the dash easy to take off and swap over? im picking mine up thursday and not totally sure how to do it

Well i did it with no knowledge as it was first time for me. So its fairly straight forward, when it doesnt come just keep looking there is probably another screw that has been missed :p
The hardest part would be removing the aircon switch part, the bit the adjusts between hot and cold was awkward but after i know how it works its not too bad.. at start i spent a good amount of time on it .

Panther mica respray will be beast as man!

Cheers mate, its either Panther mica or Phantom mica, which is what you see in the newer commodores

Here is a pic of the dash installed not the best quality will take another later.

img1530xn.jpg

Last edited:

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
Well i did it with no knowledge as it was first time for me. So its fairly straight forward, when it doesnt come just keep looking there is probably another screw that has been missed :p
The hardest part would be removing the aircon switch part, the bit the adjusts between hot and cold was awkward but after i know how it works its not too bad.. at start i spent a good amount of time on it .

Cheers mate, its either Panther mica or Phantom mica, which is what you see in the newer commodores

Here is a pic of the dash installed not the best quality will take another later.

img1530xn.jpg

love it!
and it fits in with the standard radio and center console?

or did you replace those as well?

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
love it!
and it fits in with the standard radio and center console?

or did you replace those as well?

Thanks yeah i think its a big difference and improvement biggest thing is the dam clock ! I mean c'mon who doesnt like that sexy clock
The wreckers ended up giving me the climate control, glovebox, fuze box cover the lot.

All i used was the dashpad. I re-used the original buttons for hazzards, demist, and air-con. Along with using the speed alert instead of trip computer.
Since i was using original cluster.
I sprayed the glovebox and the face around radio and fan controls black.

They also gave me the loom which the original guy said wasnt included hahah !! Score
Modified my original loom to get the clock working isnt hard.
Cut open the taped wires down *When i mean cut just the tape don't hurt any wires*
Then you will find a part where there is 3 or more cables all joined up.

The 3 cables for the clock are, orange, brown/white, and black.
You need to open up your original loom and find those colorured wires that are meeting to a group and join them in with the rest of the family.
You will understand when you take it out of the new one.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
the best part of the statesman dash is the gentler curve and the dash clock. classy as fu*k. I've got a VR so my dash and clock is the older style, so it has the old style holden lion on the clock face too and the upper glovebox that's lined with velour. I'm always reminded of zapp brannigan when I feel that smooth velour inside that glovebox.

futurama_1_4_08.jpg

what other mods have you got coming?

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
the best part of the statesman dash is the gentler curve and the dash clock. classy as fu*k. I've got a VR so my dash and clock is the older style, so it has the old style holden lion on the clock face too and the upper glovebox that's lined with velour. I'm always reminded of zapp brannigan when I feel that smooth velour inside that glovebox.

futurama_1_4_08.jpg

what other mods have you got coming?

Haha yeah i love your clock with the lion it looks great.
I do agree the way it just curves down really makes a difference.
I had the option to put that glovebox in with the velvet material stuff but i could not be stuffed changing the locks around and didnt bother.
I may still do it later haha

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
the top glovebox doesn't have a lock or a latch, it just closes.

did you connect the aircon to the bottom glovebox too?