Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Aerpro replacememt Aerial.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi all,
I got a Aerpro AP6 electial aerial fitted to my VS Berlina yesterday and the black bezel is loose which they told me that don`t like to glue them.
Aftermarket parts sometimes never are the same as original.
I haven`t got the old bezel to compere it with be I think the hole in the bezel is a different size.
Hope that makes sense.

Also the aerial just goes up and down and will not stay halfway up.
The GM. one would remember the height setting.
I disconnected the battery to reset the BCM still no go.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 100_2329.jpg
    100_2329.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 223

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The only way to get the bezel to stick down is super glue. The plastic is a lot softer than the original as well as not being identical in shape. Mask up the area and fit the bezel as well as the antenna seated into the bezel. Use a pencil to trace the shape and remove bezel. lay the masking tape onto some photo paper and cut the traced area out. The reason for this is to protect the paint from any runs of super glue. The other problem is the way the new antenna is mounted. If its not dead straight it will push the bezel out. Sometimes if the antenna is mounted correctly, i have found some bezels seat into position without having to glue.
The electric antenna that has been fitted is a fully automatic antenna which uses 2 wires to control it lift and retract only. A constant 12v wire and a trigger wire that when supplied with 12volts lifts the aerial. When 12volts is removed from the trigger wire the aerial retracts. It has a circuit built into the antenna assembly that controls the lift and retraction. These fully automatic antennas are not designed for your berlina that has antenna and delay control as well as height memory. The correct electric antenna you need is called a semi automatic that has 2 wires directly connected to the motor and your cars delay module and height switches
controls the motors polarity.
i

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Well I when down to work today and got a Holden bezel and tried it over the aftermarket aerial.
Long story short I didn`t need to replace the Holden bezel in the first place.
I know I know should have asked here first.
Well live and learn.
The aerial still goes up and down and looks neat and tidy.
Thanks for the reply Luke.

Attachments

• 100_2332.jpg
    100_2332.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_2331.jpg
    100_2331.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_2330.jpg
    100_2330.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 226