Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Air Con Problem

stheggie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have read about this problem happening with VS's with Climate Control, But mine is only an Exec, so it has just got the standard A/C

Anyway heres the problem,

Today while driving up a steep hill for say about 5 mins, The A/C Started to shift from FACE to WINDSCREEN DIMISTER, Face to winscreen, face to windscreen.. etc.
Anyway it happend about 5 or six times then didnt happen again.

It was 36 degrees in Melbourne today so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Your thoughts please?

Thanks,

Scott

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
This can be caused on any Commodore model If you go up any hill with the engine working hard. this is because the vacuum is "made" wilst the engine is at low to mid RPM. When you plant you foot or tow something really heavy or going up a hill then the vacuum stops being "made" by the engine and the vacuum switches etc operate via the vacuum reservoir canister. If the engine is labouring for a long time, ie BIG mother hill, then the vacuum reservoir does not hold enough vacuum (especially if you have a leak in the system) and the vents go to rest mode and when the engine "makes" a bit more vacuum the vents go to there setting mode. and on and on etc etc.

If this becomes a perpetual problem have a look at the vacuum lines, one way check valve, and the heater tap and vacuum switch as these are the easiest things to check. If this is the only time it occures I would not worry too much!

Regards Guy

D

death-from-above

I thought it was due to a leak in the vacuum lines...

I would wait for the pro's to answer this one

stheggie

Reaction score
Thanks Guy,

Yeah this is the only time its happened, I sort of guessed that it might be because of the steepness of the hill and the weather.

I will keep an eye on it though,

Thanks Heaps...

Scott

stheggie

Reaction score
I have also noticed that my VS A/C isnt too cold, like i mean its cold.. but not REAL COLD. Is this normal on the VS's?

My dads business has Toyota Hiace Vans ( Current Models ) and the A/C in them is numbing! lol...