Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS airbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
Righto boys I know she’s been covered before. Just got a vs Calais and the airbag is lifted. I just wanna know if there is a way I can peal the actual cover off without exploding the airbag in my face. I wanna use a glue that is strong enough to hold it down but not so strong the airbag won’t go off. Let us know thanks fellas

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Airbag cover that lifts is glued to a metal plate that's swung towards the windscreen. The airbag is below the metal plate.

Avoid glueing on the edges.

Other members have done a fix, should chime in soon enough

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I must admit this repair is best done with the windscreen removed which is what I did as I had to replace the screen due to a crack anyway.

Doing it this way you can apply "square on" downward pressure to pad that you've glued down using the correct variant of Sikaflex.

Mine is perfect now.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
I must admit this repair is best done with the windscreen removed which is what I did as I had to replace the screen due to a crack anyway.

Doing it this way you can apply "square on" downward pressure to pad that you've glued down using the correct variant of Sikaflex.

Mine is perfect now.
What sikaflex did you use

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
What sikaflex did you use
Sadly I can't remember as the cartridge has long dried up and as such it got tossed out quite some time ago now.

Yes I do understand that there are a gazillion amount of different Sika Products out there. I guess you would look for a body molding attachment grade of their product.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sika 255 is mothers milk

Sorry, but not quite sure what you are referring to by using the term, "Mothers Milk" in this instance.