Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ALDL cable Diagram

debono55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais SII
hey guys, does anyone have a wiring diagram for a vr/vs ALDL cable?, ive seen the VN/VP ones but the vs's have a different plug for the ecu, and also could i use the same WinALDL program as the VN/VP uses, thanks ;)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
ages ago i was looking this up on the net or my brothers statesman, found one or two guides on how to make em but had no idea where to source the connecter and i sure as heck wasnt goign to just push wire into the cable [though being careful probably could get away with it

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Jaycar have them (discontinued but some store still do) Also do a search on the net for OBDII plugs.

Depending on how excited people get about my usb version, I might have to order a bunch of plugs in, I have no problem ordering in a few extra.

Mike

debono55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais SII
have any of you guys made one yet? if so what program do you use and does it take long to make, because it looks pretty complicated

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
www.efilive.com you want efilive V4. The cable is not to hard to make, provided you can solder. You could most likely use veroboard (I hate the stuff), but if you are no good at soldering I would ask a mate who can as you could cook you engine computer if you screw it up.

The parts (except the plug which is a bit tricky) can be got from most electronic stores like jaycar or dick smith. I get parts from www.futurlec.com.au

Mike

EDIT: I found a new plug link, a bit more expensive but no minimum order.
http://www.carplugs.com/international.html

Mike

Last edited: