Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Auto --> Vs 5 Spd

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
just wanting to know if pulling out the auto box in my 3.8L VS and popping in a 5 SPD would i get any change in power/accleration ? or would i be better off buying a shift kit.......this is sort of in relation to my other thread concerning resposiveness
cheers
Gobbles.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
If you have a budget of around $2000, I'll go into the manual conversion preach. An auto will never get the power to the ground the way a manual does.

Jake

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i think i might have a mate that could do it for me.....he said it would take him 8 days or so... i dunno.......what i wanna have with my vs is response......so i put my foot down a bit and go forward a lot i think you will all get my drift.....only thing holding me back is me being 17 and insurance ....its prolly for my own good though

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Give it a service like I said in your other post, that will get you familar with the car and doing the simple jobs. You'll then be able to keep looking after it with oil and filters every 5000klms. Maybe put a nice flowing cat back exhaust on it and a pod.

You should be happy with that, the VS auto's have a enough get up and go to keep you occupied (and safe ) for awhile.

Once you've had it for a bit longer start thinking about a manual conversion and maybe a chip and cam kit.

That's my 2c

If you have any servicing questions just give me a PM

Jake.

G

Grantis1976

If you havnt done much to the car, just go and buy a manual. Less hassles, prob. cheaper at the end of the day.