Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs cabin fan troubles (checked other threads, no help)

U121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S1
I posted this in the VR/VS forum as well, and it was suggested i ask here, so here's the problem:
Having troubles with the fan in my VS Series 1, seems to be heat related but i can't track down where the problem's occurring.

When I start the car, the fan doesn't always start... sometimes it's on with the key turned to acc. but when i actually turn it over, the fan stops and may not start again for up to 10 minutes. i assume it's a heat related problem because it doesn't appear to happen in the colder months, or while it's raining... at least it doesn't happen as often or for as long.

I've changed the relay and the fan speed resistor to no avail, so i'm not sure where it's coming in. the switch is fine, there are no loose connections there... i'm just at a loss and any help you could offer would be great, if it's something i have to get an auto elec to check it out, so be it... but i'd love to be able to fix it myself... money being the main issue .
Thanks,
Dayle.

P

portercg

damn I thought I'd see an answer. Sometimes when my car does it, I turn off the motor and re-start it might come good, sometimes I wriggle the ignition key and it comes good although I feel this could be a co-incidence.

I do know on earlier models the fan switch if very suspect but not in this way. I'm leaning toward things like thermostat switch, high temp cutout.
Our VR did it a couple of times too (new)

Any help for me would also be appreciated