Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais Paint Codes

Darrylmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V LY7 V6
Hi guys
I have recently purchased a VS Calais which is 2 tone, the main colour is Alaskan White J064 but I can't seem to find the bottom colour anywhere. Does anyone know the name of the bottom colour and what code it is. I have attached a photo of the car, so if you can help it would be really great as I need to do a few touch-ups
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-23-19-19-36-59.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-23-19-19-36-59.png
    1 MB · Views: 628

hiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
Hi guys
I have recently purchased a VS Calais which is 2 tone, the main colour is Alaskan White J064 but I can't seem to find the bottom colour anywhere. Does anyone know the name of the bottom colour and what code it is. I have attached a photo of the car, so if you can help it would be really great as I need to do a few touch-ups
Cheers
Hi Darrylmc it could be SHADOW GREY 4HO46 or SILVER ICE HO55 if the paint is original take the VIN to your local HOLDEN DEALER and they should be able to look this up on the Holden system Idid this for my VS 111 Statesman. Hope this helps.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If Holden cannot help you, if you go through the list here, which includes the GMH accent colours, you may be able to narrow it down to the grey accent that was used on the white cars for the years the VS was produced. Unfortunately there are many pages of colours and quite a few greys of that vintage and they are not sorted by year. You should check what paint data is listed on the car's build data plate under the bonnet. I cannot recall what was on there back in 95/96/97 but you might find the accent colour code also listed with the main body colour if they bothered to cover the accent colour at all on that plate.

http://www.calaisturbo.org/colour-codes.php

Darrylmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V LY7 V6
Hi Guys.....I had the 4H046 made up into a 50ml touch up bottle and unfortunately its not the right colour its to light, i think the other colour silver ice would be even lighter
I'm guessing that it has been resprayed at some stage and maybe they have picked a different colour, looks like i will have to take it to a spray painter and get it colour matched to the car
Thanks for your help

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think you might find it's Grey Hermitage H053. The colour of my VS Calais was Dark Amethyst, and the colour code on the plate was H053. When I tried to get some touch-up paint made up, they told me that H053 was a grey colour.

Darrylmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V LY7 V6
But that's the problem the only paint code on the plate is J064 Alaskan White, there is no code for the grey....went to auto shop today and they looked up the J064 on there system and it gave them the second colour as 4H046 Shadow grey accent....they made it up and it was to light...so of coarse had to pay for it....may have to take it to panel shop and get someone to eye match it...the guy at auto shop used spectrometer and never tried to eye match it.....i used to supply auto paint in the late 90's and I had to eye match everything

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
if you like give me the VIN or Tag no (last 7 digits of the vin starting with L) and i'll see what comes up

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Hope this helps

upload_2017-5-26_8-27-1.png

Darrylmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V LY7 V6
How did you get hold of that....do you work for holden...i got this from the calisturbo website "2H016 (16L) Medium Grey Metallic Paint - Exterior - Silverslate 1986" so that matches the holden lower body code 16L...would this be the right colour then? this was a 1986 colour....would they have carried it through until 97?

Last edited: