Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS calais v6-v8 conversion!

nick_w

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
hey
i cuurently have my vs calais in being sprayed. when i get the car back im hoping to a v6 - v8 conversion, but i am so confussed about this whole thing what is needed to do it all? is it as hard as some people say it is? whats the average price to get an electrician to wire it up? im a little mechanicly minded my old man is but he's more into his older chev motors but is keen to help me out! i just dont know where to sart and what to start with? i also wanna get the car comlied with a v8 in it! cheers nick

KENAY

rippin skidz
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA Fairmont
i think it would probably help if you stated what v8 you are thinking off putting in then you will get more help

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i think it would probably help if you stated what v8 you are thinking off putting in then you will get more help

He probably means a Aussie 5L.

Its not really worth it man, unless your completely attached to it. You could sell your car for x amount, and buy a 5L Calais for Y amount, so it wouldn't be costing as much as going and buying another car.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
If you do it, grab another wrecked v8 car, that way you got everything in it and your not missing any bits and you'll get it cheaper than buying bits. But do a search on here, theres got to be a hundred threads here asking this question and theres a hundred other answers there to have a read of. But basically, pull old engine and box out and take the wiring loom with it. Put in v8 K frame and drop in new v8 donk and g/box with wiring loom and plug into v8 ecu. But theres a bit more work to it then that sounds. But its a straight swap if you got all the bits.

nick_w

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais

yeh the aussie 5L... and where is the fun in just selling it and buying a car with a v8 in it already! may cost more atleast ill know the car off the back of my hand! say if there was a crashed vs commodore it was a ride off or defective never to be seeing the road again what sort of price would i bee looking at roughly? just so when its time to buy one im not getting ripped off!