Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate Control

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
I have a VS Calais and on the climate control screen there is a little black cross on it. It has only appeared in the past few weeks and I have noticed that although I can adjust the temperature it does not blow hot air out of the vents.
My theory is that the temperature sensor (thermocouple) for the climate control has died.
Any one have any experience in this or can tell me where the sensor is located??
Last night I relocated my dash mat (It has a hole in it for a sensor) and the black cross went away and everything functioned properly. Covered it up and the cross came back. Now this morning after I washed the car the cross is back and I cant get rid of it. :b: :b: :mad:

Scotty

B

brettkp

Sounds like it may be a dodgy connection to the sun sensor in the dash. Not sure how they come out, but perhaps that'd be a good place to start. If you can get it out you'd be able to resolder it if that's the problem.

If the sun sensor goes open circuit (from a break in the wiring) it might may be telling the A/C that the sun is shining and not to put out any hot air :confused:

Does tapping the sensor make the cross come and go?

Brett