Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate Control

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
I have a VS Calais and on the climate control screen there is a little black cross on it. It has only appeared in the past few weeks and I have noticed that although I can adjust the temperature it does not blow hot air out of the vents.
My theory is that the temperature sensor (thermocouple) for the climate control has died.
Any one have any experience in this or can tell me where the sensor is located??
Last night I relocated my dash mat (It has a hole in it for a sensor) and the black cross went away and everything functioned properly. Covered it up and the cross came back. Now this morning after I washed the car the cross is back and I cant get rid of it.
:b:
Scotty

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
The dash pad (as you found out) should have a hole in the centre of it so that the sun sensor can "see" how much sun is out and about.

The reason you now have the "X" is possibly because you have wet the ambiant temp sensor and/or wiring. But I will look into this when I can. If I'm right it should go away as soon as it dries out. The Ambiant sensor is at the lower drivers side of the condensor, just in case your looking for it.

If the problem is still there in a day or two post back and let us know!!

Regards Guy.

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Still X ing

The problem still pops up on the display. I was playing around and when I stuck my finger on the sun sensor the X came up. Took it off and the X went away. Looked at the Ambient Sensor and it was dry with no obvious problems with the wiring. Even though the X still appears the Ambient temp still gives me a reading.

Scotty

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
I'd hazzard a guess and say its normal.. Its probably just noticing that the temp sensor is saying its quite hot out, but the sunsensor is telling it its pitch black (covered up) so it knows something doesnt add up .. leave that sensor uncovered, and it should be fine :)

JimBee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Hi all, is there any way of doing a test on the Climate Control to see if there are any problems, mine tells me that on a hot day it is between 4-8 Deg outside.

any help would be great, Thanks.