Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs clubby problem pissing me off

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey guys having some dramas with my vs mild worked clubby it was dynoed a couple of weeks ago which pulled nice hp results its running a high rise manifold with quad injected throttle bodies and a cam

my mechanic said everything came out good but the throttle cable was getting catched onto the quad throttle linkeage which it was holding rpm 1,100rpm and when tapt the throttle it would drop down to 950rpm

it was running good for 2 weeks after then dyno

then i modified the bracket by bending the front of it alil up so it lines up with the quad throttle body linkage so it wouldnt get stuck then my dyno guy added more fuel in the ecu with his laptop tune for take off which it was running lean off and on take off and letting the clutch in and out i drove it more and once i modified that throttle bracket adjusted the throttle cable

started idling on 400rpm when shes cold and warm i turned the idle up and the tps seems to lift the rpm to 1100rpm then stays like that once u tap the throttle 2 or 3 times sumtimes goes back to 400rpm or 1000rpm the car takes off like crap and also its **** between gear shift ruff not like it was when it came off the dyno

i dont know wat to do my mechanic said if it didnt do nothing my need to drop it by and ill to touch up tune on it and also fix the cold start which wasnt done but he put the cold map start so he could tune it when he gets a chance

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
maybe the auto pressure was adjusted in the tune? would explain harsh shift

and also maybe why it was being tuned + pushed to close to its limits you popped a gasget somewhere

just a thought.
johnny

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Make sure the inner throttle cable (the metal cable) is quite loose. Mistake I made was to have it quite tight, which raised the idle revs too high and also made the accelerator quite stiff to push.

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i adjusted it theres abit of play on the throttle and also the cable which before was tight and crap on response it was also getting stuck on 1500rpm

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
would this have anything to do with the tune or do u guys rekon mite just been the adjustment on the idle cause before i remember the revs usetoo drop slowly and it was soo smooth to shift gears without and axle tramp or ruff on and off the throttle hrmm

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Idle revs is one of the parameters that can be set by a tune (with something like Kalmaker). The PCM/ECM will always try and maintain the engine at the revs that have been set. Autos may have two settings, one for idle in neutral/park and another (lower) one when in drive - not sure.

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
its running a haltech and its a manuel it just spins me out how good it was till now just gives me the shits