Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs clubsport no spark no injector pulse

Steve hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv
Hi everyone I’m new to this page. I’m after some help with my vs clubby. I purchased the car three months ago. When I looked at it the old owner said the car randomly cuts out. I still purchased the car and now I am trying to work out the problem. Some time it starts and runs fine and won’t do anything wrong. But then sometimes it won’t start. I don’t have spark or injector pulse. So first thing I did was replace the ignition module and coil. I thought it was fixed but then the other day it wouldn’t start again. Any idea on what to look at next ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like you have a problem with the Hall Effect Sensor (HES) in the distributor. They can be replaced, but given the age of the car, you are better off replacing the complete distributor with a new one (which comes with a new rotor). Bugger of a job to do yourself due to the lack of clearance between the rear of the engine and the firewall, but it can be done. Just finished replacing the distributor on my wife's VS Clubsport for much the same problem. Next time it fails and doesn't start, display your error codes and see if you have a DTC 46. Link below:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
^^^^ This .
But also for fxxks sake don't buy a cheapie and get a genuine bosch distributor.

Steve hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv
Thanks for the help. I was under the impression that if the (HES) goes I would still get injector pulse But no spark is this correct? The car seems to be worse when the weather is hot.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
The HES gives the pcm a reference signal for crank and cam on VS series3 and VT. If the pcm does not receive reference signals,it will not pulse the injectors (or know which injector drivers to pulse) as it has no clue of crank/cam positions for sequential inj. So no pulse. No Spark.
If it's a pcm/ecu issue. It would be constantly grounding the injectors causing your bores to fill up with fuel till it spews out the headers. At which point, you hope it don't spark! Happened to me while at the servo after filling up.

Steve hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv
Thanks. I just did the error code thing and I got 2 flashes and a pause then 1 fast single flash? What does this mean.

Steve hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv
Thanks. I just did the error code thing and I got 2 flashes and a pause then 1 single flash? What does this mean.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Read the instructions properly. You should get one flash followed by a pause, then two flashes followed by a longer pause. This happens a total of three times. After that you will get any error codes, also flashed three times. For example, if you had a code 46, you would get four flashes, followed by a pause, then six flashes and a longer pause., repeated a total of three times. If you don't get any error codes (other than 12) it means that there are no current codes logged, it doesn't mean that you have no problems.

If you mean that you received three series of one flash followed by two flashes, and then you received three series of two flashes followed by one flash, then it means that you have a error code DTC 21, which is Throttle Position Sensor - Signal Voltage High. But that won't cause a no-start.