Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore changing rear speakers

C

Coppermine

I got a vs commodore and want to change the stocko 30w speakers in the rear shelve to 6" pioneer's however i don't know how to remove the speakers? can anyone tell me how to get to the speakers to take them out!

Cheers

Brad

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Remove the mesh cover (work at it until one side pops up, then you can take the other sides out), unscrew the screws, pull the speaker up, unplug.

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Or you could remove the rear seats, and unclip the shelf allowing easier access to the speakers and screws. I can do a step by step guide if requied but its easy to do.

C

Coppermine

rear seats

thanks for the info. how would u remove the rear seats...?

brad

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
by far the quickest way --->>
DJ Majah said:
Remove the mesh cover (work at it until one side pops up, then you can take the other sides out), unscrew the screws, pull the speaker up, unplug.
taking out the seats is a waste of time if u only wanna change the speakers.

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Isn't that what Coppermine wants to do is change the speakers? So, yes you would have to take the seats out. The Rear Bottom one just pushes forward and un-hooks to reveal the bolts holding the Rear upper part of the seats on.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
No mate, in a VS the speakers are simply screwed in. Unscrew, lift out.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
DJ Majah said:
No mate, in a VS the speakers are simply screwed in. Unscrew, lift out.
This is the easiest way to fit a new 6".
The proper way is to remove the back seat though. If your fitting anything other then the standard 6", for example a pair of 6x9's, you'll need to remove everything.

Heres a link to a previous thread on how to do this: http://forums.justcommodores.com/showthread.php?t=257

Hope this helps!!!

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
I changed my rear speakers over the other day, its easy as.....take off the covers and then unscrew the screws that hold the speakers in place, there should be about 3-4....jump into the boot and push on the magnet until it riggles......remove the leads and push it through onto the Parsel shielf....from here you sometimes might have to change over the end capping on the wires from the stock speakers cos the capping that is on there generally doesn't fit other speakers correctly.......so then you can just re-attach the wires to the new speakers , chuck em into the slots, hurl the screws back in and whack the covers back on.....easy! :w00t: