Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore helppp

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
i bought a vs commodore the old owner said it was runing fine then got it home and it was starting and everything alright then it ran out of petrol so the next day we got more and put it in and it started alright but was idling really bad and now it just wont go but every now and then it starts for a second then cuts out have cleaned the air flow sensor, took the fuel filter off and blow it out with a air comp and put it back on and still the same and i was told the spark plugs and leads where new i was told maybe the coilpack does anyone know what would be wrong with it
please helpp

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
How come you just didn't change the fuel filter instead of blowing it out, it will only damage $10 off you.

If you let it the car run completely empty them could be your fuel pump which is stuck and playing around.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Start by checking the plugs just because they say they are new doesnt mean they are

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
can i get a fuel filter from super cheap auto or somthing ?
and if the plugs where gone would it start every now and then for a second and then cut out

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm more inclined to think it's a fuel issue as it happened after running out of fuel.

Worst case scenario your filter is stuffed and all the crap from the bottom of the tank is now sucked into the lines and may have clogged up the fuel rail/injectors.

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
yeah i have tryed getting the fuel rail off the bolts holding them on are a pain in the ass to get off, i got two off but the ones on the drivers side i cant get the spanner in to the bolt?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
It's not your plugs, just try a new filter from super cheap, I think the Rico ones are about $27 from memory. If no change inspect your fuel lines and injectors. While you do the filter get some fuel injector cleaner and run it thru your tank see if that helps.

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
yeah i have tryed getting the fuel rail off the bolts holding them on are a pain in the ass to get off, i got two off but the ones on the drivers side i cant get the spanner in to the bolt?
and i took the fuel line off at the engine and its got fuel going to there so i reckon its the rail or injectors witch i cant get off

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
so i just buy a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and put it im my fuel tank and try kick it over? and that will pump the cleaner up into the injectors?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
How is injector cleaner going to work if his car hardly runs? I find it hard to believe all injector blocked up at once unless his filter was deleted.is injector cleaner designed to remove large particals?