Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore helppp

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
the car doesnt have rego so i cant get it to the mechanic and dont have the money atm

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
how much fuel did you put in? commodores have caught me out in the past when only putting a few liters in after draining the tank, i've found 7-10 litres is a good ammount to start off with once the tank has been drained. (any less and they can run like your description)

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
omg fcol. no-one has bothered to mention that pressure regulator could be stuffed. and fyi, the thin hose going to the back of the engine is the vacuum line that opens the regulator. its the larger line on the side closest to the brake booster that needs to be taken off to see if there is fuel getting thru

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
the thin one that comes of the back of the fuel pressure regulator? how would i fix it if thats the problem

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
what do you mean? there is 2 options. either its perrished and needs replacing or its not and just needs to be put back on properly. the larger of the 2 that comes off the fuel pressure regulator is the return line from memory.

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
does the thin line need to be air tight?

jayk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs comoodore
does the thin line need to be air tight?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The problem I see with it being the fuel pressure reg is that I dont believe in coincidences, some one who actually knows what they are doing need to look at this car. everyone is just throwing ideas around while this poor bastard trys to keep up.

Its a simply process of elimination, the car was running fine before it ran out of gas. so start for the petrol tank and work your way forward. check the pump works, replace fuel filter, Up until you get to the injectors, then start looking into other things it could be.

Question where did you get your gas from? If you used your lawn mower gas it could be old and stale ( if its been sitting too long ).

You didnt put the fuel filter back in backwards by any chance did you?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
How much fuel did you put back in?
Asked before and you didn't say. About 5 commodores i have done work on the fuel tank would not start and would fire for a sec then stop with 3-4 litres put back in, even a couple that had run dry while driving, needed to put 6-8 litres in before they would start.]

won't matter if the fuel is stale it'll still run (just like a sick dog), fuel filter isn't a 1 way valve so even if in backwards will still flow (putting a used filter in backwards then all the crap it's caught will end up in the injectors)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
How much fuel did you put back in?
Asked before and you didn't say. About 5 commodores i have done work on the fuel tank would not start and would fire for a sec then stop with 3-4 litres put back in, even a couple that had run dry while driving, needed to put 6-8 litres in before they would start.]

won't matter if the fuel is stale it'll still run (just like a sick dog), fuel filter isn't a 1 way valve so even if in backwards will still flow (putting a used filter in backwards then all the crap it's caught will end up in the injectors)

Thats why I suggested it, His car idled badly then wouldn't run. Your right though about try putting more fuel in. I honestly dont understand why people dont try the simplest fix first.