Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore live rear axle bearing

pete d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Hi guys I have just fitted new rear wheel bearings to a vs v6 s pac with abs I pressed the bearings on to the same position on the axle as the old bearings just over 9 millimetres from end of axle fitted axle brakes etc and there is about 3mm of in out movement in the axles doesn't seem right to me but last axle bearing I changed was on hr holden and was completely different to commodore one.so was wondering if the old bearing had moved on the axle and I haven't pressed the bearing on far enough, the old hr bearing just pushed on till it hit the back of the axle.
Thanks pete

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
bearing should press all the way to the end of the axle , there will be some end pay of the axle , is the 3mm total ?????

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
seal first with ridges away from hub then the bearing all the way up to the shoulder..and the collar behind it

pete d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
thanks a lot strgas and markover looks like I will be pulling axles out again .I thought it was a bit strange that they didn't go all the way to back of axle. strgas when assembled with wheel on goes in and out about 3mm didn't actually measure it.