Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Starter Motor Advice

Elle2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 96
Because my car wouldn't start I called the RACQ. I only had the battery replaced by RACQ 5 days ago and thought it may be faulty. When the guy came he checked the battery and it was ok, but said it was the terminal points and advised me they were loose and will soon need replacing. He put in a few screws so they were tight but that still didnt work, the car still wouldn't start. Then he advised me that it may be the ignition switch and then when it finally did start he said that the problem was the Starter Motor. But the Starter Motor was only replaced 6 months ago by my mechanic and now I am confused as to what it may be... or is it a combination of the three things? Also, wouldn't the Starter Motor be covered by a warranty with my mechanic since it's only 6 months old?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best go back to your mechanic, Ashdown Ingram a major supplier of starter motors usually offer two years warranty on starters. Even a Repco one should have 12 months warranty.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
It might be the starter relay in the fuse box next to the battery needing replacement

Chrissytaki1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS utility
Would you have a picture or diagram of 1997 VS Utility relay fuse box

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Should the the same as the attachment below:

Attachments

• VS Relays.pdf