Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodores! - Are they really this bad?

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
Some people saying that they've spent over $15K just on basic servicing with around only 200,000Km's doesn't make sense to me. I'd have barely spent around $2K on mine. And that's in the total lifespan of the car so far. God for $15K, I could've installed a supercharged V8 with a full overhaul and still have had change in the pocket. They've gotta be full of it!

Cheers!

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii
On the site it says, "Average user rating for this car was 4 stars."

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack 5spd/ vs calais S1
he must be a cheap ****.. lol.. doesnt seem to kno a whole lot so he probly didnt tak care of it .. drive it well n maintain it right..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
unfortunatly sometimes you do get a lemon. no-doubt non of those problems were driver related!!!! sounds like someone needs to learn to not ride the brake pedal and learn how to read a temp gauge (and understand what it means when you see steam coming from under the bonnet) :D

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
The person who wrote that up is an idiot! quite obviously you need to take care of a car (maintenance) in order for it to keep running, I don't doubt the $15,000 price to keep fixing it, since they probably went to holden for everything. Gearbox rebuild, engine rebuild....

Ok, lets just say that my dads 97 falcon with over 250,000km on it and a hole in the radiator, still drove 250km towing a trailer with a car on it, in the middle of summer before we had to stop.
What the hell were they doing to boil the coolant dry?

I know girls (and a few guys) like this who don't do any maintenance to a car and abuse it, then winge and complain when it dies on them.

BD33VU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute SeriesIII
Is this clown for real?!! It's a commodore. Sometimes **** goes bad; they're built to a price. If you want a car that won't have the odd mechanical failure, buy a horse. If it goes round and round or up and down it WILL wear out sooner or later. This douche sounds like he's a school teacher, and also a ********. Giddy up.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag

08sky_way

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Here's an idea of what these things cost

I've kept a record of fuel, repair and parts costs for the VR since I bought it new in June 1994. The actual costs are considerably more as I have not kept a record of license and insurance costs but these have probably averaged out at about $700 per year.
Distance travelled: 203935 km
Fuel used: 21,054 litres
Fuel cost: $18,296.79
Fuel consumption: 10.32 l/100 km
Repair and parts costs: $7,419.00 (This figure is not entirely accurate as I have not always recorded the costs of oil, engine flushes and filters when the work was done, however I averaged them out at $30 per service - The VR has had 45 oil changes). If I added another $400 - $500 to the this figure to include incldentals such as lamps, glue for the head lining, throttle body cleaner, polish etc, I think that would indicate what these sort of cars cost to run.
Repairs have included a new suspension (springs and dampers), ignition barrel replacement, 2 sets of tyres, 2 x CAS, radiator, water pump.
Most repairs and servicing (except auto trans) has been done by me.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
lol I was waiting for someone to say get a VR

Had one, I honestly like the VS better :)

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
i will 2nd or 3rd (what ever were up to) the fact that this person is a duche bag.

i dont care what car you own, its how you look after it. i see 4x4's come in for a major service and it can cost $500+