Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs comodoore wont start urgent help!!

lwboosted

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon, gtr skyline
hey i have a vs comodoore wagon basically,

i turn the key and i get nothing.. car doesnt turn over or anything.. checked the terminals on the battery and all fine.. stereo and lights all work.. the central locking wont work either with the button or the key..

which makes me think it is the immobolizer or something?? any help would be great!! thanks leigh.

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
Try checking the main engine fuse under the bonnet, its located near the battery under the fuse panel cover. Also if its an auto make sure its in park or neutral as the neutral saftey switch can become faulty over time.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

lwboosted

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon, gtr skyline
Try checking the main engine fuse under the bonnet, its located near the battery under the fuse panel cover. Also if its an auto make sure its in park or neutral as the neutral saftey switch can become faulty over time.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

yeah checked both things.. and they are both ok..
i am thinking it is the immobolizer as the central locking isnt working either and all fuses are ok??

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
I am not too sure but assuming you are correct, either the remote has a dead battery and/or is sending out the wrong code to the body control module.

Central locking I think should work if you lock the driver's side door when all doors are closed. This is true for my ute as you will hear and see the other doors get locked. When you say you can't do central locking with the key, you mean you actually went up to the door and tried locking it?. If that doesn't work then its the wrong key, either you obtained a wrong one or someone misplaced yours.

Has the key been working previously? Maybe it could be a flat battery over heavy usage (rare but probably possible) Maybe someone decided to swap your keys for theirs.

lwboosted

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon, gtr skyline
I am not too sure but assuming you are correct, either the remote has a dead battery and/or is sending out the wrong code to the body control module.

Central locking I think should work if you lock the driver's side door when all doors are closed. This is true for my ute as you will hear and see the other doors get locked. When you say you can't do central locking with the key, you mean you actually went up to the door and tried locking it?. If that doesn't work then its the wrong key, either you obtained a wrong one or someone misplaced yours.

Has the key been working previously? Maybe it could be a flat battery over heavy usage (rare but probably possible) Maybe someone decided to swap your keys for theirs.

nope not that.. cental locking aint working even when i use my key as i said... i tried my spare key as well and wont work.. i have called an auto elct to come out to bypass the alarm.. i am 90% sure this is the problem.. thanks for trying to help..