Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Cup Holders

Goldie87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Howdy,

Anyone have any decent cup holders to put in the VS, there are those crappy ones in the glove box, but was wondering if anyone has seen some that you can plug into where the ash tray is or something? Or any other ideas?

Cheers

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
aye dude i got a vr and i made some to fit xtra large maccas cups in. they are jsut holes cut in my center console with 50mm pvc pipe underneath sprayed black. i just need to get some edging for it to finish it off

DSC03153.jpg

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Great question! I drove my brothers VT for a couple of years before buying my VS and I can't believe how much I miss the VT cupholders! I've checked all the car accessories stores and can't find anything to suit. I then bought some foam/plastic stubby coolers and glued them down but they didn't hold. The custom job may be the go - whitevrboi, how did you cut the holes?

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
i had to take the whole center console out then use a jigsaw on a fairly low speed. if you do it like this you will also have to cut out a fair chunk of the aircon tubing that runs down the sides of the center console underneath, no biggie just cut and tape it up. they work really well and its great having them right there so close, rather than clipped on the air vents or whatever. good luck with it.

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
dont get me wrong, i reckon cup holders are great news but im not sure if im ready to cut holes in my console just yet. each to their own though.

has anyone thought about making up a cover to sit over the console compartment to hold a cup or two when u need it? cos i usually just sit my drink in there and close the lid on it

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
yea i wasnt really sure when i was doing mine either but if u f*ck it up you can just buy another one from the wreckers. its entirely up to you.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
has anyone thought about making up a cover to sit over the console compartment to hold a cup or two when u need it?
Awesome idea. I just spent a few minutes with MS paint thinking of what this might look like. I dont actually know if two drinks will fit side-by-side in there tho.

I decided to mount it to the compartment, but hinge it so it stays firmly in place but can be moved if you want to get at anything else in there.

Any comments? I am thinking of getting a few small bits of acrylic and having a go at making one of these.

newbitmapimageej9.png

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
that idea could work. is the idea to still hold the drinks inside the console? or hold them above the handbrake/window switches?

i you were to have them over the handbrake, u would want to have a retrackable/foldable base that could flip down and hold the base, for cans.. bit like the subaru cup holders.. did that make sense?

w3bstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Berlina 3.8 & 1996 VS Berlina 3.8
has anyone thought about making up a cover to sit over the console compartment to hold a cup or two when u need it? cos i usually just sit my drink in there and close the lid on it

i put some of my drinks in there.... like maybe a 350 ml bottle of coke... coz anything bigger than that the lid wont shut........... and i like my lid shut because i like to lean my elbow on something :dance:

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
Awesome idea. I just spent a few minutes with MS paint thinking of what this might look like. I dont actually know if two drinks will fit side-by-side in there tho.

I decided to mount it to the compartment, but hinge it so it stays firmly in place but can be moved if you want to get at anything else in there.

Any comments? I am thinking of getting a few small bits of acrylic and having a go at making one of these.

newbitmapimageej9.png
nice one mate. i was thinking more of having it like a bottom for the inside of the lid tho. how about moving the hinge to the rear, and making some sort of clip on the front so it can attach to the lid and give you access to the compartment as per normal. not sure if my vision is doable, mite hafta look into it if i ever finish my assignments :bang:

*edit* borrowed your template and did a bit of doctoring andrew. this is the general concept im trying to get across, forgive my dodgy paint skillz or lack thereof.

p.s i patent this idea if they go into mass production :p

Last edited: