Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Door speakers-Help please

Bryce_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
:help:
I've searched for so long on the forums and google and i can't find a VS how to guide for taking off the front doors. I reckon it would be pretty simple but i just don't want to pull something to hard and break a clip or something and have it looking dodgey, any help, or direction would be greatly appreciated.
:beer chug:

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
it fairly easy dude, 3 long screws in the bottom of thr door, 2 in teh pocket, i under the grill. remove the single screw from the part of the air vents the contacts the dash, remove the cover and the inner vents they just clip in, the undo the 3 screws inside the cavity remove the black plastic shroud from in front of the mirror you should be able to remove the top plastic section now, remove the cover for the grab handle and undo the 2 screws inside it now u can take the door skin off, bit of messin around but just take ur time and check everything before trying to pull it off the only thing u need to pull off is the skin itself as its the only thing with clips

emir3008

Reaction score
Website
emir3008.deviantart.com
Members Ride
VS Calais
the hardest bit that i find is trying to remove the door lock tab, i always end up snapping my locks and have to go to the wreckers and buy new ones.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
oh yer the door locks, i suggest getting a set of picks from repco pick the bottom right corner of the orange slip lift it just enough to lift it out then undo the screw behind it

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm yet to find a tool that pops the tab up without atleast taking small chip out of the plastic.

When i did mine, i sanded the tabs back and re-painted them before putting them back on. Being as pedantic as i am, i then had to remove the rear ones and do them aswell, as they no longer matched the fronts haha.

Becareful removing the trim itself once you have unscrewed everything else. It is held on by about 10 or so little lugs. They consit of a lug attached to the trim itself, and a round hole which they pop into in the metal section, the door itself.

If you bust some of them, they are still available through Holden fairly cheap.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Better off just sticking some jaycar splits or something similiary priced in there, and spending the extra on Dynamatt, decent amp , ect.

There's a point where you have to spend a certain amount to get decent quality, but beyond that can be a lot spent, for what seems like a little gain.