Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ECOTEC Engine Swap

Dobby0500

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore acclaim
Hay guys I know that this is an old post but I need help I have a vs commodore acclaim an wanna pull the f@$ked engine out an put a new 1 in I want to leave the gearbox in the car because I only have a block an tackle. Can anyone point me to a step by step guide to pulling out a vs commodore engine. The new engine is a vs commodore I got yellow stickered so it's the same engine just not sure where to start any help would b a big help

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I am only an amateur and have only replaced one motor but I believe it is a lot easier to lift the motor and tranny out together and mate the new motor and original tranny out of the car and then put the unit back in. I had a frame over the car and used a mate's chainlift. I know this is not what you want to hear but I am throwing in my 2 cents. I have also dropped a tranny out from underneath and that was a lot more of a hassle than lifting the motor and tranny out with the gear I had. Good luck with your changeover

Dobby0500

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore acclaim
thanks for the reply we have already put a new gearbox in about a month ago from underneath an it was a pain the new motor is in a running car so I was hoping to leave gearbox in car but if I gotta pull it out I will. Also just wondering where to start from I know the bonnet needs to come off also herd most of front end needs to come off as well is that true or can I just take bonnet off. I'm not sure where to start from there do I just start unbolting from anywhere or is there an order that it needs to b done in

98NVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VS Commodore/Raptor supercharger
Jonah your a legend was trying so hard to pull the engine out... Pulled the transmission pan off and then the engine came out... What's the go there? Does it have pressure/vacuum