Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec less power than VY Ecotech.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Hi all, I have a low kilometer VS Ecotec and my wife and daughter both have low kilometer VY Ecotec Commodores. Ive noticed when I drive either of the VY's, they are very responsive to small throttle applications, where as my VS seems to need quite a bit of accelerator to increase speed, etc. Im not interested in modifying the V6 for more power, as I have a VR SS 5 speed for enjoyment, but Im just wondering if someone can explain the difference, if any, between the VS and VY Ecotec engines. Im thinking its just a difference in the factory tune. The 2 VY Commodores get much better fuel economy than my VS, most likely cause you hardly have to press the accelerator pedal for normal driving. Can anyone explain the difference in performance/driveability between VS and VY Ecotec motors?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd consider it like a nill all draw in soccer. Really when they can battle it out all day but nobody really wins.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The later models had more powerful PCM's with better tunes. They also made improvements to the automatics (shift points etc).

There are some minor changes mechanically to the later ecotec engines but nothing major (changed PCV, fitted EGR).

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Hey Riper, I know you are one of those pathetic sheep that thinks its cool to drive around with fog lights on during the day, so I will disregard your stupid, gutless reply. Easy to talk tough when sitting behind a keyboard. I asked a realistic question regarding the two models, and I was hoping for decent answers. Fair dinkum Riper, you amaze me. So quick to be a smart arse, but you think driving with fog lights on is tough. You are just another keyboard wanker with no balls.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey Riper, I know you are one of those pathetic sheep that thinks its cool to drive around with fog lights on during the day, so I will disregard your stupid, gutless reply. Easy to talk tough when sitting behind a keyboard. I asked a realistic question regarding the two models, and I was hoping for decent answers. Fair dinkum Riper, you amaze me. So quick to be a smart arse, but you think driving with fog lights on is tough. You are just another keyboard wanker with no balls.

eh?? Can't say i've ever driven round with my foglights on. Lighten up fella and get a sense of humor :lmao:

Ps it's Reaper.

Love Reaper

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Riper, I have a sense of humor. I just think its sad that you attack and put down people who ask questions that you may not be interested in. I asked the question on this very friendly, informative forum hoping to get good feedback. Its gutless people like you who spoil it by posting pathetic, unnecessary, sarcastic garbage. Are you better than the rest of us? I don't think so. Keep your gutless crap to yourself and allow the rest of us normal people to use and enjoy this forum without gutless sarcastic response4s from little people like you. Do us all a favor,

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

hid1.jpg

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Now Ripers boyfriend hakhawk is at it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67