Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec Modifications/rebuild

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
i did a couple of weeks ago will have to have another look again

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
the IAC valve ? i replaced that not to long a go with a new one it was fine before i replaced the cam and other bits

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahahaha all to good to be true the no' 2 Cam Bearing has come out am i able to fit it back in with the came out or do i have to take the crank out to refit ?

fun fun fun

MACE

Reaction score
ahahaha all to good to be true the no' 2 Cam Bearing has come out am i able to fit it back in with the came out or do i have to take the crank out to refit ?

fun fun fun
You best bet would be to strip the motor down for a full inspection, if it has in fact spun a cam bearing

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
got an engine crane will strip most of it back this weekend then take it somewhere to get done as i don't wanna be touching all the piston's and crank shaft again like last time LOL hope it wont cost to much.

Thsecam is stick half way out of the front of the engine as when i went to take it out the bearing came with it so it's stuck on the cam

MACE

Reaction score
got an engine crane will strip most of it back this weekend then take it somewhere to get done as i don't wanna be touching all the piston's and crank shaft again like last time LOL hope it wont cost to much.

Thsecam is stick half way out of the front of the engine as when i went to take it out the bearing came with it so it's stuck on the cam

That's bad :(

Either you need to have the cam journal bearings ground down and run over-sized cam bearings or a new cam

Please as I've mentioned many times over please take your time with the build

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's bad :(

Either you need to have the cam journal bearings ground down and run over-sized cam bearings or a new cam

Please as I've mentioned many times over please take your time with the build

All good the teacher at tafe was the one who put the cam in and timing chain there was plenty on it it was running for about 5 minutes then out of nowhere something sounded like it seized up and the engine stalled and because the started it again you know

But engines out now there wasn't any metal shavings in the oil so that's a good sign. I have another engine coming that i will put in it for now don't have the time to stuff around as i get my P's in a couple of weeks so i want to be able to drive

Also cam is out no damage to that at all no scratches nice and smooth

MACE

Reaction score
All good the teacher at tafe was the one who put the cam in and timing chain there was plenty on it it was running for about 5 minutes then out of nowhere something sounded like it seized up and the engine stalled and because the started it again you know

But engines out now there wasn't any metal shavings in the oil so that's a good sign. I have another engine coming that i will put in it for now don't have the time to stuff around as i get my P's in a couple of weeks so i want to be able to drive

Also cam is out no damage to that at all no scratches nice and smooth
Ah good. Hope all goes well with getting your Ps :)

Please keep us posted with how it all goes

Cheers,
Steve