Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs errors

mahooody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute ecotec
i have a vs sIII v6 and i have 2 error codes i cant find what the are, they are 77 abd 85 if any1 can help that would be great. thanks

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Hmm cant see those errors on the standard list. Your 100% that your method is right?

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
I dont see any codes that match them numbers. Normally the error codes in that range are transmission related.

mahooody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute ecotec
yeah it is deffinately those codes i went thru it a couple times cos i couldnt find them.

emo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999vsute
Code 85 Also

MUTLEY ,DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT CODE 85 IS? I had my vs ute at the auto shop and was told it had a code 85 fault but didnt know what it meant.Not very helpful and frustrating !!!!!

mahooody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute ecotec
i havent found anything about it i spose its just some sort of transmission fault.

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
Diagnostic trouble codes.

DTC68: This code indicates that the PCM has detected that a driving component of the automatic transmission is slipping.

DTC68 will set when the throttle is between 0 and 50 percent open, the transmission fluid temperature is between 20-115 deg.C, the torque converter clutch is enabled, D.4 or D.3 gear is selected or indicated and the transmission slip speed is greater than 100 rpm for 10 seconds.

DTC85: This code indicates that the PCM has detected the transmission is slipping.

DTC85 will set when DTC28 is not present, the throttle angle is between 20-100 percent, the TCC is commanded ON, the transmission fluid temperature is between 60-150 deg.C and the engine speed is greater than 450rpm, 4-8 seconds or more when gear range D3 or D4 is selected

Have a look at this article :Ausauto.com | Story Details