Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS executive air conditioner vents changing

lpcustom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive v6
Hi Folks,
Just thought I would let you guys know if you had the same problem.

The air con in my vs executive worked ok and the other day it rained so I put the switch to blow air on the windscreen to clear up the fog on the windscreen.(never had to do it before)

A couple of days later I got in the car and put the air con on back on and the switch to the recirculate position and while I accelerated the air con would stop blowing from the dash vents and start blowing on the floor and when I backed off it would start to blow again from the dash.

After doing a search here I couldnt find the cause of the problem except there was a post about a blue solenoid under the dash centre that could be causing it.

I pulled out the dash centre and didnt see this solenoid ( just the blue and orange hoses that went from the switch through to the passenger side under the dash) but did find that the orange vacuum hose that connected to the switch that controls the vents (that connects to the windscreen position on the switch) was crimped in 2 places up near the switch.( I must have did it when I put the cd player in.)

Anyway, long story short, I straightened the crimps out and repositioned the hose and taped it to the other hoses so that it wouldnt crimp again and now the air con works better than before (blows more cooler air) and doesnt blow on the feet while accelerating.

Thought it may help someone who is having the same problem.
Thanks.

BurgundyVSexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i had same problem, jack up/ or crawl under the passanger side of the front and follow the black vacume lines all the way thro the car looking for any squished or split.

mine was squashed where the coolent lines for the heater enter the car thro the fire wall, i just wiggled it around till it became free and then it stopped turning off when on the gas