Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Executive series 2 Auto transmission or gearbox problems

achi545

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
hi guys, i had the same problem the vehicle get reved and also it makes a Hum, i hope it is the torque converter, cz i changed the oil, filter and the switches inside the gearbox + wiring. Still the problem exist so my last is to change the torque converter, i ll let you know asap what happened.

cheers

Kaiungerer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 vs commodore
Hey guys im new to the commodores just got my self a vs and I'm having a few issues with the auto trans. Car has recently had a replacment motor and transmission put in it.

Car will not move in reverse unless you put your foot down on the throttle and make it rev it's #### out at about 5000rpm then put it in drive and won't move unless it's doing about 3500rpm don't know if it needs new solenoids or off its the torque converter or some other underlying issue anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

As I have only owned a manual BA xr6 in the past I don't know much about Holden's let alone the vs series.