Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS exhaust install question

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
I am installing a lukey 2.5' catback (bolt on) to my VS sedan, when i reattach the centre pipe and muffler to the cat do i need to use gasket glue or anything like that to stop it leaking or does the phlange work well enough?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
wont hurt to put a bit of exhaust glue/sealant on it.
might not need it, but its all a piece of mind thing.

if it were me, id do it.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
I am installing a lukey 2.5' catback (bolt on) to my VS sedan, when i reattach the centre pipe and muffler to the cat do i need to use gasket glue or anything like that to stop it leaking or does the phlange work well enough?

You can get two metal surfaces to seal if they are both clean and free of burrs and nicks. But it's a 50/50 chance.

Any high temperature RTV silicone does the job nicely, I use Loctite Copper and/or Permatex Coppermix RTV ( Both orange in colour ).

pendles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore
if you have a gasket and both flange mating surfaces are clean and flush then the gasket will do just fine.
if none of the above applicable then use gasket sealant either with old gasket or no gasket