Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS exhaust

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
so after doing a bit of work to my VS i got it dyno tuned and it pulled 215 HP (160kw) at the wheels... pretty happy with the the power though i'd still like to make more. i want to look into improving my exhaust set up.
im currently running hurricane headers (not sure of the size) into 2" Y pipe, single high flow cat and 2.5" back with single muffler...
what exhaust are other people running with their high powered ecotecs?
im thinking of going twin 2.25" from the headers into twin cats twin mufflers and then into 3" from the diff back.
any thoughts on this set up and any power gains from it?

i'm also in the process of coming up with a design for a twin plenum intake manifold setup...
i was thinking of going about 80mm shorter runners and maybe slightly larger diameter to increase mid to top end... anyone have a spare ecotec lower intake manifold that i could have for some cash? xD lol

any input will be appreciated
thanks guys

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Good power wat mods have u done

I run a lukey 2 1/2 to a hiflow cat seen good power gains out of that should be good size for u if your n/a

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
thanks mate,

i have ported the heads myself plus 3 angle valve grind and milled 0.40", matched and ported intake manifold, Comp cam 216 @0.50 0.507 lift 111 lsa, 25mm manifold spacer, 69mm throttle body, custom 3.5" aluminium intake pipe into pod filter and MAFless tune...

The cam is great for the street but if i did it again i would have gone with a slightly bigger one, i drove it around without a tune for 4 months and it drove like a dog.. but since i got it tuned it has the low rpm torque almost of a stock engine and has even better throttle response then stock!