Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs fuel aconomy

T

TOBSTA

whats a cheap and effective way of getting better mileage out of my ecotec vs ute.... pod filter!! hyclone!! exhaust!! help me out

J

jc58nc

TOBSTA said:
whats a cheap and effective way of getting better mileage out of my ecotec vs ute.... pod filter!! hyclone!! exhaust!! help me out
None of the above! Just make sure the engine is in top condition with good plugs, leads and filters.
And drive it like a granny!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Ive been mapping my fuel usage for the last few months. Making changes and checking economny:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=25688

Change of air filter from standard to K&N made no difference. Surprisingly the biggest improvement for my fuel usage was changing the oil from magnatec to GTX2 20/50 and changing the fuel filter.

Do a service is basically the best way to make sure everything is running how it should. A gregorys manual will also list tips on improving fuel usage.

T

TOBSTA

yeah i just went through your link very interesting.. geez you spent some time putting it together.. ever thought of a hyclone

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Ive kept track of my fuel i have v8 manual tho, but i put k&n filter in fuel went from 14.3 to 13.8 then i did other things for better air like bigger throttle body and stuff, then i got exhuast and headers and they brought it down so now its on 11.9

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
also look at things like o2 and coolant temp sensors, even if they're not completely RS, you can improve economy by replacing them. also CAI and free flowing exhaust can help too
But if spending SFA on fuel is the absolute goal, buy a motorbike or pushie

don't waste ya $$ on hiclone or those fuel catalyst things, they're all just a gimmick

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
can't remember price for coolant temp, but o2 is about 70 from holden, but remember, VS's have 2, VR's have one

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
then just put ya right boot on a diet, taht's about all you can do for economy if you've followed the above advice