Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Fuel Consumption

john_g_82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
Hi Everyone,

I've got a VS Vacationer but it doesn't have the instantaneous fuel consumption like the VS Calais or the newer commo models. I was wondering if anyone knows what's invloved in getting the fuel consumption even if it's external to the instrument cluster.

Thanks
John

madamd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
im getting the same thought from my vr calais i got last wedensday, the fuel ecconomy at the moment seems very bad for how much is left in the tank comparing to how far ive traveled........can someone please backup us and help out what there same cars average thanks :)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i think a vs should be using about 12 ltrs per 100km in the city and 10 ltrs per 100km in the country. i doubt a buick 3.8 would be very different from the ecotec.

john_g_82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I know what average fuel consumption my VS gets over a tank (litres to fill up divided by kms times 100) but what i want is something like what the calais have where you can see the instantaneous fuel consumption. Is it possible to set up an external instrument or is it possible to just swap the whole instrument cluster(speedo, tach, tank, temp) with one from a calias because the calais have the instaneous fuel consumption as part of the trip computer.

Cheers John

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
yeah im pretty sure the instantaneous fuel consumption is just in the instrument cluster, so just get a calais instument cluster and swap it with your current one.