Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs fuel consumtion

T

the victor

splitfire dyi kite

go to the threat further up called

how much power is a cai worth

stanley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim wagon
The Gregory`s manual lists a whole range of possible causes for excessive fuel use. One fairly common cause is faulty oxygen sensors that don`t always show up as an engine management fault on the dash.

M

mark w

just wondering has anyone tried hi-clone or fuel star or any of those products claiming better fuel economy? because i would only buy something like that if someone actually reccomends it.

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
hi guys ive just brought a vs 97 executive v6 ecotech auto i was wondering i get about 400 km s to a tank around town and thats driveing real steady no floorin it with some air con use does this sound about right to anyone else i just thought that i would get a bit better economy ive also just changed spark plugs and air filter was also wonderin if anyone has guttered out there catalatyic converter cause i hear they r a bit restrictive cheers for any posts muzza

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hows it going guys.... Ive got a series 1 VS Acclaim and I dunno what this equates to but if I put $10 of fuel in the car I'll get about 100km out of it... All I have as far as mods go is a 2.5in Redback exhaust.
It seems that we all drive the same model car but either our driving style or maybe even the car itself could cause the fluctuating fuel usage.
Do you think its possible that two stock VS commodores driven exactly the same could produce varied fuel consumption?
Just a theory...

Cheers
Spilly

blown hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i got a manual vs 5ltr vs clubsport supercharged with 3.9 gears i get 15ltrs to 100ks in city traffic try a kns pod filter that might help your fuel economy also as the engine breaths better

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Average 9.8L/100Km

I have a 1997 VS S2 V6 manual that I bought new in 1997. It is now past 150,000 Km.

I have kept fuel figures from day 1, on the assumption that significant changes will be a good indicator that I need to do something.

I have averaged 9.8L/100Km, though I must admit it has not done much commuting in heavy peak hour traffic.

I have gone from Windsor to Warwick on the one tank, with just me and a couple of bags aboard. I think that was a bit over 800 Km.

Best fuel consumption has been 6.9L/100 Km, or 41 MPG in the old terms.