Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs getrag clutch adjustment

vs_boy94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
Hey guys.

Does anybody know if the clutch pedal can be adjusted in the vs getrags. Myn has a fair bit of play/sloppy before it reaches pressure. Only since i got my hd exedy clutch put in. How heavy is the clutch mean to be as myn feels lighter then stock.

Also can the clutch/pedal itself be adjusted at the master cylinder where the rod goes through ?

Any help appreciated

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
As far as I'm aware the factory master isn't adjustable though I found that the pin which goes between pedal and m/c was tapered so I put it through the other way and all good! Probably just worn like that I guess it is 16years old....

If you are running a heavy duty and you didn't change your master with a new one I'd say it's leaking pressure..... Apparently they aren't ment to handle the extra pressure? I replaced mine with a brand new protex brand one which is speed fly superior to oem but they didn't warrant the heavy duty pressure plate I was using lol.... Anyways my original one leaked pressure and my new one doesn't so I'm happy

But in reguards to your adjustment my manual mentions nothing of adjustment and I seem to remember reading somewhere they're not adjustable but have a look at the pin and see if it's worn, might be able to put it in the other way! Ideally you want about 10mm of play before you get pressure

vs_boy94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
I was underneath the dash last night and yeah that pin your talking about is sloppy. I can spin it around and shake it a little bit. Might try what you did.

And yeah i am running a hd clutch in it. Might also look into a new master if thats the case.

Thanks for the info