Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS heater aircon problem HELP!!!

Joecoxon

Joe123
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 Wagon
Hi recently i crashed my VS only softly into a curb but it was enough to break off the Vacuum ball on the left hand side of the car i rapleced it with a vn one from the wreckers and now the gauge that changes the presets from feet to recirculate ect does not work at all and there is no resistance in the knob as there usually is or no gas sound. will this fill up over time or does it have to be pumped up?? how can i fix this please help it a a 96 VS commodore executive wagon thanks joe

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
The vacuum unit should be ready after the engine has been started if all hose and connections are good.

Have you checked all connections within the system? If there are any missing links or holes then the system will not work. Also check the pipes for kinks etc.

Did check if all the cables are reconnected behind the control knobs?

I have a Gregory's Manual somewhere... Will have a look in there.

Jazza

Joecoxon

Joe123
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 Wagon
Hey thanks for the help but no good i checked all the pipes no kinks or anything and i squezzed the pipe above the vacuum ball when the car was running and it seems that there is air going into it fine any other suggestions???

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
In the drivers side footwell area, where the carpet meets the plastic trim of the centre console/radio and Temperature control module, there's a little white plastic arm that has a cable going up to the dial. You should make sure that this is connected, and the pipe thing that leads up onto the rear of the controls is also connected. I'd assume there'd be suction in this pipe if the car is running. If there's no suction there must be a bent bit in the pipe or even a blockage from when the other one was damaged.

Did you check the compatability of the VN part you got with regular VS ones? Sometimes the part changes a little so make sure it is definately the right one. If the wrecker offered a limited return period, take it back and try another one if you find one suitable. It might even be the one you have is damaged and also doesn't work.

I have no other ideas mate.

Jazza