Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs high beam flashing fault

andyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE EQUIPE 3.8
hi all, have a 96 vs v6 equipe, the high beam flash while driving both daytime and when lights on at night time i have replaced the indicator stalk this did some what help as lights flashed everytime you turned the steering wheel changing the stalk did fix this problem, however it is still randomly flashing while driving, also the interior light flicks on and off at random too. anybody heard of this or can tell me how to fix will be greatly excepted.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have only heard of the indicator stalk causing this problem. Did you replace it with a new one or second hand? If second hand, you might have got another faulty one.

andyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE EQUIPE 3.8
thanks for response accentstencil, yeah i bought a brand newie, think i might have found the cause, i was using an old key that is missing its rubber buttons when i used my second key that is all complete ie; has both buttons still in tact went for a drive and not one single flash????? so hopefully this was the problem.

andyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE EQUIPE 3.8
problem not fixed

just to make a complete goose of myself, high beam flashing problem is still there, thought i had solved it but noooooooo its still randomly flashing starting to annoy the s**t out of me, any suggestions on where to look or start will be gladly excepted.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The only other thing that I can think of is short in the wiring or a faulty relay, I don't really know if a faulty relay can cause the lights to flash randomly.

deanvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE T5 MANUAL 3.8 ecotec
my vs commie does the same flashing other cars at random when low beam is on flickers to high beam on n off,,,, when i touch the stalk sometimes they turn off after a few flicks of the stalk,, 1 new stalk or 2 relay ? cheers :smoking: