Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS HSV Senator how much?

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
My mate is selling a vy sv8 with 300rwkw with alot of other work and i was thinking bout buying it. Was curious to know how much you boys think my VS is worth.

VS HSV Senator series 2
Its a factory stroker with 6spd man
got 155000kms
pacemaker headers, twin 21/2, metal cats
torque power dual plane high rise with 1000cfm throttle body
crane 286 hydraulic cam, double row timing chain, new springs, lifters, pushrods.
3.9:1 LSD diff
All bushings replaced, pedderes sports rider suspension, kyb shocks
Big HSV brakes

Thats bout all I can think of. If i cant be enough for it, ill just keep spending cash on mine, but i know the power in the vy is crazy and I think definetly worth the cash. Not sure what mines worth? Any input would be great. Cheers

Snakes-Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
**** yeh around $16k maybe??

Mate almost bought a VR Senator 92 tho ks stock as a rock 6 speed stroker for $16k but couldnt get the money in time

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
hard to price these cars once they're modified like that..... most buyers won't even consider them once they've had engine mods....

what colour is it, and what colour interior? this alter's price a lot in the vs series
also, have you got owner's manual/service book's? this also helps value

i myself would buy this car, dependant on condition/price.... i have cash waiting if it was the right car.

thing with these is, because they are rare people automatically assume they're so desirable and put rediculous price's on them. i've seen rough one's advertised for 25k, and seen very tidy ones sell for 12k before i could get to them.... watching carsales for the past year or more shows ones with silly price tags sit for years and never sell, and the only ones that seem to sell are ones which are sensibly priced, after all they're a 12 year or more old car with technology from years ago.

get me some pictures and i'll give you an estimate on whats its worth having followed the market for over 12 months if you like

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
edited i didnt read it had manifold/cam work.but if was stock i would sugest around 10-12k

Last edited:

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
what sort of rough price would you be looking at?i was looking to buy vn vp ss or calais international but i mite be tempted to spend more.what state are you in?

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Ill get some photos up when I can, got 1 but its pretty average. Havent got to many at the moment. Cheers for the feedback. I guess it does come down to what someone is prepared to pay for it. It has grey leather. and ive changed the sound system, bout 1500 bux worth. Yeh it isnt original but its alot better! I still may keep it. Im not sure. All my mates have LS1s flying passed me for bout the same amount of cash.

Attachments

• c4c5.jpg
    c4c5.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 9,031

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
edited i didnt read it had manifold/cam work.but if was stock i would sugest around 10-12k

Keep going :p

The standard 185 senators still go for up to around 14 grand (which i think is a tad silly). These 215 strokers are highly sought after and I rekon you will easily find a buyer if you priced it at say 15 grand.

With that being said the car isnt stock, While it will make a difference if your buyer is someone who is into restoration and collection and wants an original unmolested Senator, i dont think it will be hard to offload. Depending on the amount of K's, condition of the car, condition of the interior etc if that is all in pretty good nick I rekon you could slap a tag of say 16 grand on it and be prepared to sell it for say 15. I doubt these cars are that rare that they will be become collectables in the future so I dont think its going to make a huge difference youve done some engine mods, as long as the interior and exterior is untouched shell be right.

By the way just looked at the photo, the car looks good, its a VERY VERY popular color in the VS Senators and youve still got the original rims etc so you should fetch a decent price.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
well considering 3yrs ago a brought a one owner vs clubby 127ks for 8900 and then again a vr senator/mint condition sunroof etc for 7000 with 150ks with serv history.go have a look on carsales etc

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
My partner and i just bought a VT Senator Signature series 3 model, the very rare 250. With a bit of research, we found out that when it first went up for sale in 1999, it sold for around the $80,000.00 mark.

Nowadays, even thou this particular model is one of the rarest kind (Shannons don't even have it in their system.....GROAN) we managed to buy her for a decent $20kish. (and that was for her being like she was when she left the factory floor, with only 134k on the clock.....not bad for a 10 year old car huh? With the original GRange rims on her too of course)

So the VS Series 2 you're trying to sell that has been modded, you'd be lucky to get around the $9k for it, and that is if you're really lucky.

if it was in original condition like ours is, then you'd have a better chance of getting what you imght like for it, but since it's been "changed"........i'd suggest you do some more research on it thru the net, or even ring some dealers around town.

Good luck thou.

SLO 057

i got chevy badges LOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA 5.7 A4
hey mate, what price you looking for?