Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
Hi all, i have just got a vs series 3 ute 5L full conversion, im gonna put it in my v6 VR, my only problem is im being told the ecu will not fit and i cant do anything about it, can someone proove then wrong and tell me what the main diffrences are and how to overcome them? Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You'll need to get a no-VATS tune or have the VATS signal changed to suit the VR (better), either way you'll need a memcal. The VR/VS 304 ECUs (and also the VN/VP ones if you use a manual or TH700) themselves are somewhat interchangeable (in my experience) between models with the only difference being the model specific memcals which you can take out.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Put 1997 vs statesman 304/4l60e driveline into vp ute....complete from radiator,v8 crossmember to tailshaft on a pallet with vs struts & vt brakes off Pick n Payless.

It all bolts in however wiring side of it will be biggest pain in the butt...loom goes through driver's side vn/p/r & map based vs it all goes through passenger side.

Memcal just get vats turned off,thermofans activated & memcal tuned for premium through Joe@AcePerformanceTuning

vt 5l then vs series 3 conversion are most annoying & time consuming to put into earlier models...lots of small things that are different.

Should be info out there if search forum,google or pcmhacking