Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs l67 idle/surge

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
+1 fuel reg.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
When you say check fuel pressure. How do i check fuel pressure ? And any part that i need to change or adjust ?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
They have a automatically regulated fuel pressure rail, the regulator is at the end of the fuel rail on the passenger side and releases fuel back to the tank to lower pressure. It has a little boost line to change fuel pressure depending on manifold pressure.

They are around $100 on ebay and only require a pair of circlip pliers to change. There is a valve to test pressure of on the rail with a black cap covering it, you need to get your hands on a suitable gauge to test though. It probably cheaper to just buy the reg then test equipment.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Don't guess and throw $100sss away.
I bought a T piece, and with some short pieces of fuel hose and extra clamps, install a cheap fuel pressure gauge and could leave it on.
Google or search this site, test procedure has been done to death by myself and others.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lean or late timing.....

If the engine check light came on then it should have stored a code....

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Okay ill start by changing the fuel reg and see how it goes from there. Can we install a rising rate fuel reg ones with a gauge thats on it already to our l67's ? And if so is there a write up been searching nothing came up.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You could but there is not a real need on std and mildly modified engines.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Okay so not worth it thank you. Going to hopefully get a fpr tomorrow ill have a look at some write ups here to find out where the fpr on a l67 is and how to replace hopefully sorts out problem then i can concentrate on other things. Thank you to everyone for the help much appriciated

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Hey guys just updating. Have replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Was a 5 min job on the l67 a breeze infact for once lol. Have replaced it a week or so ago just thought id drive it up and down to work to see if the problem does occur again before i posted a update on here. Car runs good now so if anyone has the symptoms i had look at FPR first. Id like to thank everyone for there help very much appricaited

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Spoke to soon ! Have replaced fuel pressure reg. Yesturday after work engine light came on so parked up. And extractors were glowing red again around tge collector area would anyone know what the problem would most likely be any help appricated