Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS loud squeaking noise

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like a smart move. Any auto place will carry them - Repco Autobarn Supercheap etc. If the squeaky pulley is the one on the tensioner don't forget that it has a left hand thread - you undo the bolt by turning clockwise - all the other pulleys have normal right hand thread.(anti-CW to undo)
Good Luck.

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
I have the same problem with my vs.I replaced the serpentine belt but the squeaking noise still arises from time to time.I bought a stick of dry lube,just touch it on the back of the belt(smooth side)with engine running,being very careful,and that usually fixes the squeak!

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I starting to think Holden designed this into its cars because its so common lol

humanfly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute 3.8
replaced the serp. belt 3-4 weeks ago, found the tensioner pulley to be shot, replaced that a week after, No.2 idler seems to be not right, but is ok for now (will replace this week) had the power steering pump replaced late last week, then belt started to squeek. when engine gets to 1/4 temp it stops completely. belt seems to be touching on side of alternator guides. dry-lube helps for 30sec. so does water. so does belt grip. been killing me because it's noisy as hell and i live in melbourne and it's been COLD and takes a while to warm up!! killer situation, harder to fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!