Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs lowering?

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
hey i wanna lower my vs with super low springs and if i do that will 18inch wheels rub and hit the gards everytime i hit a bump?

P

Pimped Out

Yeah, there's a posibility I have 17inch wheels on my VR thats been lowered and it scrapes every now and then, but when I hav more people in my car it scrapes even on the slightest bumps. I have to get part of the gard underneath folded in.

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
maybe just go low's dude that drops it 30mm I have 18's as well and are thinking about lowering at some stage....I would assume you have a live axle so would need shorter shocks in the rear?

M

MR VS

hey i have a 97 vs its lowerd on 18s and bascially if i have more than 2ppl in it and go over bumbs it hits the guard even if im the only one in it.... u get used to it doesnt do much damage eccpet the side of one tire gets warn dowm easyier but other than that do it or get your guards rolled...

G

Gr33nVR

i dont know wtf some people are on about, you will not scrub with 18s and superlows, you wont even scrub with 19s, i have 18s and ULTRA LOWS and they are FAR from scrubbing, im not even happy with the ride height, im now looking into getting the rear ultra lows compressed!! and forget about that jyd that said LOWs will drop your car 30mm lol dont know what hes on :b:

M

matty193

Gr33nVR said:
and forget about that jyd that said LOWs will drop your car 30mm lol dont know what hes on :b:

I'm sure this is true....

Low = 30mm
Superlow = 40-60mm (sometimes less though, depending....)

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
it shouldn't matter what springs you get wacked on your car bro, as long as you get some decent shockers then your car will rub heaps less....

G

Gr33nVR

matty193 said:
I'm sure this is true....

Low = 30mm
Superlow = 40-60mm (sometimes less though, depending....)

lol think about it..

if that was true then what would Ultra Lows be, 70-80mm?

B

Berlina VS

Listen, fact of the matter is, if u have 235mm wide tyres on, and the car is on super lows, believe me it will rub in the guards. My mate has a VR with 17" matrix wheels and super lows, standard shocks, his car used to rub on a lot of bumps, and when there was a few passengers in the ass end it was even worse!
He got his 2 rear guards rolled at the tyre factory for $70 a guard and the problem is fixed, never again has he rubbed. As for seeing if they've been rolled or not, you can check by looking at the lip of the guard and seeing if it is rolled back further than normal, even by comparing it to the 2 front guards. Also one thing to look for is cracked paint in that area because its a common thing to crack the paint if the guard rolling job is rushed...