Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS "Normal" Temperature Range

J

jonesy_127

yea mate dont worry mine is doing that aswell its a bit of a pain but i dont think it matters to much

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
as everyone else has said, when slow driving, idle, up the temp goes :) unless the aircons on :)

i rekon holden just wanted ppl to panick and go buy new sensors, themos, etc etc :)

i would if i was them :)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
mine gets up to about 3/4 before the fan which takes it down to about half, when idling or slow driving, if im drivving normally or hard it doesnt normally cross 1/2. air con off :p then i found out my radiator was short 2 litres of water! topped it up and it's been running alright. 96 vs exec s1

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
It's normal...

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
i changed my coolant sensor and now the fan will kick in on half and wont allow it to go over...

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
The highest my temp guage has ever read is one bar less than the picture you posted and that's only while moving at a very slow pace, driving down hwy it barely moves.

damo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS executive
Because i only got my first car ever this year in may, i got a vs because they seem to be the 'in' thing and they go alright, after getting mine i realised that my temp gauge was also getting hot around town and at traffic lights, after replacing the thermostat and the thermo fan, almost $500 later, i now decide to read up about this. After reading this i now feel more comfortable driving my vs and not feel like its gonna oveheat on me or blow up ahah, tested to make sure my thermo fan did come on at 3/4 and it does, i now have so much more love for my vs knowing that i can actually drive my commodre without being stressed that its broken lol

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Welcome to the forum....too bad you didn't find the site before you spent the $500, but I'm sure you will save a lot in the future. Don't be backward in posting any queries you may have on this site as there are plenty of members ready to help. Good Luck.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
mine was doing this too, but mine would go all the way to H and stay there for too long.
i also used a lot of water and coolant, when i say a lot i mean excessive amounts.
i have taken my thermostat out for summer and it now idles better in hot stop start traffic and sits in mid to low range.