Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS on Gas - Great Mileage!

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Howdy all,

I would just like to say that Armadale Auto Gas in Perth is great to get your gas conversion!! He does a great job. I don't know if the rebates are still around, but when I got mine done he charged me $2000 (which I got all back from the gov) and he sorted out the $1000. It's great cause I didn't need to fork out $3000 in one hit. If I have any problems, I ring him up and he says bring it in whenever, great service! My car was idling roughly, thought it was a gas issue, brought it to him and he checked it out, said it's not a gas issue, so he checked the other components, like my injectors (the problem was that my car wouldn't start), they were clogged as hell, cause the car normally starts on petrol... it wouldn't start.

Anyways, he's a top bloke if anyone looking for gas conversion in Perth area.

I want to point out that gas saves money. I filled up my gas tank (total full) the other week, drove it until it was totally empty (car started stalling for lack of fuel), went to petrol station today, filled her up to the brim.

Put in 72L of gas @ 54.6c = $40.00 ... on my clock I've done 502Km's !!

For $40 bucks I get 500kms out of my tank!! :thumbsup:

Standard mods - CAI, K&N Air filter, New Plugs and Leads.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
how the hell do u get 14L/100km on gas, im lucky if i manage high teens depending on what gas i buy etc, do u do lots of country kms?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
how the hell do u get 14L/100km on gas, im lucky if i manage high teens depending on what gas i buy etc, do u do lots of country kms?

I get a steady 13.8L/100km on gas... I have a VS though, so ecotech.
I logged how much gas i put in, what i paid, and how many K's for about 3 months and did all the calculations... It costs me on average around $20 for 300k's. Most of my driving is highway though.

Also, I'm beginning to think my red light must run for ages, because i get 300k out of the 4 green lights... And i would've thought my tank was bigger than that. I've never run it right out, only ever to red light.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I usually don't run it completely out, usually fill it when the red light comes on.

I constantly have cruise control on, therefore reducing consumption.

I do about 70% Highway/Freeway driving.

Edit: I don't feel a lack of power. When I drove on petrol to driving on gas I felt no difference but I don't floor it around either. It's still got the power if I need it for overtaking etc.

Edit: Mrhotdog - I don't know what you by type of gas you get. Maybe different states sell different gas but I'm sure in Perth theres only one kind. All petrol stations only have 1 Pump Machine (2 hoses, each the same). Unless you mean different petrol stations sell different grades or something. But nothing gets written on the pumps at ours... just GAS lol.

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
I am getting 600 to 650 kilometres per 72 litres of gas on mine and thats around town driving. Its a VZ 2005 on gas injection (dual fuel).

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I am getting 600 to 650 kilometres per 72 litres of gas on mine and thats around town driving. Its a VZ 2005 on gas injection (dual fuel).

Is this answer totally truthful? :whistling

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Why do I find that so hard to believe? I had a 2001 VX duel fuel and only got 350kms out of a 60L tank around the city, around 500-530kms for country driving.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Is this answer totally truthful? :whistling

Umm... don't know. Seems a bit high. The only way I got 502kms out of mine is because I granny drive it and have it constantly on cruise control.

Isn't the VZ heavier? but then again it should be better on economy because the newer car.

Edit: My car never goes over 2000rpms :D some people don't really like me at traffic lights but hey ... I save money I couldn't care less.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
When I looked into gas the guy told me you can and he does make it to Adelaide *JUST* on a tank in a V6 Commodore, that's over 600kms on the highway