Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Sedan - Wet Handling problems.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Nothing at all wrong with RE92s until they are ready to be changed.

I had exactly them on a VS and VY and they were great tyres, and I changed them at about 40,000kms before they got to the markers. 60k seems a lot to have gotten out of them, but sounds you should be buying four new ones YESTERDAY before you create a disaster for someone......small child, mother, father etc. or even yourself...........and they are NOT an expensive tyre.

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
My vs didn't like the Bridgestone re92's I changed to Michelin energy and now it won't loose traction in the wet when I plant it

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
+1 on the panhard rubbers, mine used to just step out in the wet driving even very cautiously. Put the new rubbers in (which was real simple) no more tail step out. Was surprised at just how much dfference those little bits of rubber made.

If your unsure just lay under the car and grab the bar and give it a shake, unless it's super tight like it's set in stone then grab new rubbers....

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Re92s with good tread are great for what they are. I had a manual v8 with a heavy clutch, spooled diff and 3.9s on re92s and it was nowhere near as bad as you're describing, VERY easy to lose traction in the wet yes but easily avoided also... Maybe you are a bit of a lead foot?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If your issue is the rear end sliding out then why put the new tyres on the front ? That's why it got worse because the new tyres are keeping the front glued down while the old tyres skate around. I'd say part of your problem is nackered old shocks on the car. If your 95 exec is still riding on original shocks it will be a death trap. Throw them in the bin ASAP and get some KYB, BOGE, Monroe GT gas or Pedders sports ryders in there and that will help a lot.

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
@greenacc because, the front re92's (i thought) had plenty left in them although i think the issue is not tread depth it's age, as they are as hard as a rock literally, i put new tyres on and it did help alot, although not nearly as much as i wanted, i checked out those rubbers, and it looks to me like every rubber in my suspension (sway bars panhard etc) is completely buckled, this would have to be the issue im guessing.. i'm buying 4 new shocks and springs aswell as a nolathane rubber kit asap